Germantown - Due to numerous complaints from residents about pot holes, Willow Creek Road in Germantown was put on the to-do list for 2014, village officials decided Tuesday.
Village personnel have been receiving an influx of calls from residents since winter ended expressing concern over the poor road conditions.
They questioned why Willow Creek Road, a highly traveled village thoroughfare, was not part of the 2013 road program.
"The road is rapidly deteriorating," Village Engineer Brionne Bischke said. "Because of high use and all the complaints we are receiving, it is a priority to get it done."
For the road to be reconstructed, Bischke asked the Village Board to approve engineer work during the summer to investigate the roadway and the depth of work needed. The investigation will be conducted in-house.
Bischke said they plan to look at geotechnical areas on the roadway and collect data to determine if reconstruction work can be done in clusters.
Fixing the road in clusters could be less expensive than completely redoing the entire roadway.
There are also problems with drainage and landscaping, which will be addressed.
Village Trustee Art Zabel said some drainage work on the roadway can be done by village staff in the meantime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Germantown Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Momentum Early Learning to open by year-end in Germantown
- Three seats on Germantown School Board up for election in April
- Germantown High School students earn $100,000 grant for teen driving safety efforts
- Taxpayers in Germantown to see taxes creep up for '16
- Germantown officials approve zoning code changes prompted by controversial development proposal
- Longtime Germantown police officer, Korean War vet participates in Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Germantown Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Tender Reflections breaks ground on assisted living community in Germantown