Germantown - Due to numerous complaints from residents about pot holes, Willow Creek Road in Germantown was put on the to-do list for 2014, village officials decided Tuesday.
Village personnel have been receiving an influx of calls from residents since winter ended expressing concern over the poor road conditions.
They questioned why Willow Creek Road, a highly traveled village thoroughfare, was not part of the 2013 road program.
"The road is rapidly deteriorating," Village Engineer Brionne Bischke said. "Because of high use and all the complaints we are receiving, it is a priority to get it done."
For the road to be reconstructed, Bischke asked the Village Board to approve engineer work during the summer to investigate the roadway and the depth of work needed. The investigation will be conducted in-house.
Bischke said they plan to look at geotechnical areas on the roadway and collect data to determine if reconstruction work can be done in clusters.
Fixing the road in clusters could be less expensive than completely redoing the entire roadway.
There are also problems with drainage and landscaping, which will be addressed.
Village Trustee Art Zabel said some drainage work on the roadway can be done by village staff in the meantime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown hits pause in review of Wisconsin DOT's plans for Appleton Avenue and Lannon Road (1)
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Sold out crowd of more than 350 people gather for Germantown Community Scholarship Fund event (1)
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Faustel in Germantown welcomes John Pokrandt to controls engineering team
- Germantown Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016 (1)
- Germantown School District reacts to scores on first, and last, Badger exam
- Germantown's Kennedy Middle School students make a difference on MLK day
- Germantown Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Firehouse Subs lends helping hand to Germantown Fire Department