Germantown - Due to numerous complaints from residents about pot holes, Willow Creek Road in Germantown was put on the to-do list for 2014, village officials decided Tuesday.
Village personnel have been receiving an influx of calls from residents since winter ended expressing concern over the poor road conditions.
They questioned why Willow Creek Road, a highly traveled village thoroughfare, was not part of the 2013 road program.
"The road is rapidly deteriorating," Village Engineer Brionne Bischke said. "Because of high use and all the complaints we are receiving, it is a priority to get it done."
For the road to be reconstructed, Bischke asked the Village Board to approve engineer work during the summer to investigate the roadway and the depth of work needed. The investigation will be conducted in-house.
Bischke said they plan to look at geotechnical areas on the roadway and collect data to determine if reconstruction work can be done in clusters.
Fixing the road in clusters could be less expensive than completely redoing the entire roadway.
There are also problems with drainage and landscaping, which will be addressed.
Village Trustee Art Zabel said some drainage work on the roadway can be done by village staff in the meantime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School Board members call modular classrooms a "band-aid," call for permanent solution
- Germantown school district survey yields support for pool, solutions to elementary overcrowding
- Gehl Sponsorship takes Germantown performing arts pavilion a big step closer to becoming a reality
- Waukesha, Washington counties at "very high" fire danger risk
- Germantown Police Report: April 16, 2015
- One killed, firefighter injured in Germantown townhouse fire April 11
- Germantown board considers major change to regulation of private sewer laterals (1)
- Germantown commission to review four requests to expand within the village
- Milwaukee woman drives into Germantown Walmart by accident
- Helm defeats Raymonds in Menomonee Falls Village President race