Superintendent of the Germantown School District Susan Borden is resigning from her position at the end of the school year.
Borden has accepted a position as superintendent of the DeForest Area School District in Madison. Her last day in Germantown is June 30, after which she will immediately begin her position with DeForest.
"It's just a wonderful opportunity personally and professionally," she said.
The School Board will approve her resignation at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday and decide what route to take in finding a replacement.
Borden started her position in Germantown in 2010.
"I am just so tremendously proud of all of the successes we've had in the last three years. Academically, we are easily in the top 10 percent in the state and there are some umbers in the top 10 percent in the nation and we've really accelerated that," Borden said. "I appreciate all of the outstanding work for the teachers, colleagues and families because it really is a team effort."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Clarifies assessor troubles in Germantown
- 11 things to do this holiday season in Menomonee Falls and Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Taxpayers could see small increase to village taxes
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Brandtjen opts to retain seat on Waukesha County Board