Superintendent of the Germantown School District Susan Borden is resigning from her position at the end of the school year.
Borden has accepted a position as superintendent of the DeForest Area School District in Madison. Her last day in Germantown is June 30, after which she will immediately begin her position with DeForest.
"It's just a wonderful opportunity personally and professionally," she said.
The School Board will approve her resignation at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday and decide what route to take in finding a replacement.
Borden started her position in Germantown in 2010.
"I am just so tremendously proud of all of the successes we've had in the last three years. Academically, we are easily in the top 10 percent in the state and there are some umbers in the top 10 percent in the nation and we've really accelerated that," Borden said. "I appreciate all of the outstanding work for the teachers, colleagues and families because it really is a team effort."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Phase one of Donges Bay Road project complete in Germantown
- 4 Things You Need to know about the changes to your trash pickup in Germantown
- Germantown police ask for help finding driver in fatal hit and run
- Germantown ACT scores second highest in 12 years (1)
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Germantown native works hard, gains experience at Arlington research station
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015