Superintendent of the Germantown School District Susan Borden is resigning from her position at the end of the school year.
Borden has accepted a position as superintendent of the DeForest Area School District in Madison. Her last day in Germantown is June 30, after which she will immediately begin her position with DeForest.
"It's just a wonderful opportunity personally and professionally," she said.
The School Board will approve her resignation at its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday and decide what route to take in finding a replacement.
Borden started her position in Germantown in 2010.
"I am just so tremendously proud of all of the successes we've had in the last three years. Academically, we are easily in the top 10 percent in the state and there are some umbers in the top 10 percent in the nation and we've really accelerated that," Borden said. "I appreciate all of the outstanding work for the teachers, colleagues and families because it really is a team effort."
- Germantown 'craft winery' owner crafts 9,000 bottles by hand
- Germantown Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- Donges Bay Road reconstruction enters final phase
- Germantown Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Germantown, Menomonee Falls Police Chiefs react to police brutality, community support
- Germantown Police Reports, July 14, 2016
- Imagination Theatre of Germantown presents musical 'Bye Bye Birdie'
- Now intern surveys Gemantown's historic places
- Germantown Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- Germantown School Board hires Michael Nowak as new human resources director