Germantown - Jill North, a hand therapist for a private practice hand surgeon at Elmbrook Memorial Hospital, is running for seat four on the Germantown School Board.
North, whose husband David North is a former board member, has two daughters who graduated from Germantown High School and a third daughter who is graduating in spring. North, 58, is not new to the School Board as she has served on the Germantown School District's Long Range Planning Committee and Building Committee.
"I feel very strong about having excellent public education in our community," North said. "I have been an education advocate for the past 20 years and now seek to serve as School Board member. I feel my past expediencies make me a qualified candidate."
North has also worked as a Destination Imagination coach and school organizer, as well as a Youth Futures volunteer, Leadership Germantown board member and Junior Achievement volunteer.
She has served as a local Parent Teacher Association president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, post-prom chair, a Wisconsin State PTA board member and is an honorary life member of the Wisconsin PTA.
North, a graduate of Mount Mary College with a degree in occupational therapy, has also served as a Girl Scouts leader, service unit manager and day camp volunteer.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Board takes a new route
- Police Report: April 15
- Longtime trustee resigns from his seat on Village Board
- Germantown School District delays Project Lead the Way contract again
- Germantown Village Board approves cellphone tower for northeast side of Wasaukee Road
- Community Calendar: April 10
- Winter hard on roads, budget in Menomonee Falls, Germantown
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown school districts see iPads expand expression in students
- Police Report: April 7