Germantown - Jill North, a hand therapist for a private practice hand surgeon at Elmbrook Memorial Hospital, is running for seat four on the Germantown School Board.
North, whose husband David North is a former board member, has two daughters who graduated from Germantown High School and a third daughter who is graduating in spring. North, 58, is not new to the School Board as she has served on the Germantown School District's Long Range Planning Committee and Building Committee.
"I feel very strong about having excellent public education in our community," North said. "I have been an education advocate for the past 20 years and now seek to serve as School Board member. I feel my past expediencies make me a qualified candidate."
North has also worked as a Destination Imagination coach and school organizer, as well as a Youth Futures volunteer, Leadership Germantown board member and Junior Achievement volunteer.
She has served as a local Parent Teacher Association president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, post-prom chair, a Wisconsin State PTA board member and is an honorary life member of the Wisconsin PTA.
North, a graduate of Mount Mary College with a degree in occupational therapy, has also served as a Girl Scouts leader, service unit manager and day camp volunteer.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 18
- Board denies SMART board purchase, cites budgeting issues
- Police Report: June 17
- Menomonee Falls thief stocking up on high-end liquor
- Parents, school leaders dissect Falls music program
- Germantown, Falls districts dealing with more families having tough time making ends meet
- News & Notes: June 11
- Technology upgrades on tap in Germantown
- Residents review two designs for Donges Bay Road
- Germantown moves preliminary budget forward, projects flat levy