Bil Zahn, a retired elementary principal from the Elmbrook School District, was named interim principal at Ben Franklin Elementary in Menomonee Falls as a result of Principal Steve Bold's resignation.
His resignation takes effect June 30. Zahn, who served as Burleigh Elementary School principal for 22 years, will act as principal while the district posts the full-time position at Ben Franklin. According to the Menomonee Falls School District, Zahn spent the week meeting the students in their classrooms and introducing himself.
Valley View Principal Tina Posnanski and Riverside Elementary Principal Scott Walter will be working with Ben Franklin's Associate Principal Mike Mullen and Zahn "to ensure the continuity of support and quality focus on improvement continues," said Superintendent Patricia Greco.
Zahn will serve as interim principal until the School District finds a suitable replacement, Greco said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown Police Report: May 28, 2015
- Germantown to begin working on parks department survey results
- Germantown sets plan in place to name new public works director
- Germantown could consider a referendum based on school facilities survey
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls