Bil Zahn, a retired elementary principal from the Elmbrook School District, was named interim principal at Ben Franklin Elementary in Menomonee Falls as a result of Principal Steve Bold's resignation.
His resignation takes effect June 30. Zahn, who served as Burleigh Elementary School principal for 22 years, will act as principal while the district posts the full-time position at Ben Franklin. According to the Menomonee Falls School District, Zahn spent the week meeting the students in their classrooms and introducing himself.
Valley View Principal Tina Posnanski and Riverside Elementary Principal Scott Walter will be working with Ben Franklin's Associate Principal Mike Mullen and Zahn "to ensure the continuity of support and quality focus on improvement continues," said Superintendent Patricia Greco.
Zahn will serve as interim principal until the School District finds a suitable replacement, Greco said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown approves raises for village staff
- Germantown Village Board to consider compensation changes
- Germantown resident says friends feel like family at the Just Betweeen Friends sale
- Germantown School District discusses issues with student food waste
- Germantown parents speak out against large kindergarten class sizes
- What parents in Menomonee Falls, Germantown need to know about the measles outbreak
- Germantown Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Knodl supports, speaks in favor of Right-to-work legislation
- Germantown school board approves resignation of teacher arrested for vandalism