Germantown - District 2 Trustee Shane Daniels is looking to keep his seat after the April election. The Village Board selected him in August to fill the seat vacated by Daniel Wing's resignation.
Daniels said "community service is in his blood." Before joining the Village Board, he spent three years serving Germantown as a volunteer firefighter.
"While I believe I have added value to the Village Board since my appointment in August, I know I have just gotten started and look forward to continuing to serving the great village of Germantown in my new capacity," Daniels said.
As a person raising a young family in the village, Daniels said, he wants to "continue the tradition of excellence past and present leadership has set, and continue to keep Germantown as one of the top places to live and raise a family nationally."
He believes this can be accomplished through keeping taxes at a reasonable level, attracting high-caliber businesses, keeping amenities such as parks and the Germantown Library, as well as maintaining a highly ranked school district. He also said he believes in supporting the protective services and making improvements as necessary.
Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $5,500 annually.
- Danielle Switalski
- County Line Elementary evacuated due to bomb threat
- Germantown School Board defers decision on human resources directors
- Germantown Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Threat 'not credible'; Kennedy Middle School in Germantown is open today
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Germantown Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- Germantown Superintendent Jeff Holmes announces candidacy for Wisconsin State Superintendent (8)
- Leadership Germantown class looks to form police honor guard
- Mai Fest canceled for this year; Germantown group seeks new home for beloved celebration
- Video: Crayola visits County Line Elementary School in Germantown to provide unique experience to twins