It could have been a case of "Up on the rooftop, slip, slip, slip" that caused a concerned Germantown resident to call police when what looked to be a person was hanging from a second-story gutter.
Not to worry. The person was actually a humorous holiday decoration.
According to the Germantown police:
A resident called police to report a subject hanging from a second-story gutter and was not moving in the W164 N11000 block of Kings Way at 3:50 p.m. Dec. 13.
Officers responded to the address and determined the subject in question was a holiday decoration.
An officer advised the homeowner of the complaint and the homeowner stated he will consider taking the decoration down.
The "guy hanging from a roof" holiday decoration has been around since at least 2009, as you can see here on Reddit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Family turns hardship into anti-drug message
- News & Notes: May 14
- Police Report: May 13
- Germantown Village Board reconsiders insurance claim decision for water main break
- Germantown School Board narrows superintendent search to three
- Hamilton robotics team wins big
- News & Notes: May 7
- Bier Stube allowed to have outdoor hours
- Mai Fest returns to Germantown
- Police Report: May 6