It could have been a case of "Up on the rooftop, slip, slip, slip" that caused a concerned Germantown resident to call police when what looked to be a person was hanging from a second-story gutter.
Not to worry. The person was actually a humorous holiday decoration.
According to the Germantown police:
A resident called police to report a subject hanging from a second-story gutter and was not moving in the W164 N11000 block of Kings Way at 3:50 p.m. Dec. 13.
Officers responded to the address and determined the subject in question was a holiday decoration.
An officer advised the homeowner of the complaint and the homeowner stated he will consider taking the decoration down.
The "guy hanging from a roof" holiday decoration has been around since at least 2009, as you can see here on Reddit.
- Germantown Community Scholarship Fund provides unique experience for students, to host Mud Splash
- Germantown Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- Germantown Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Sendik's celebrates 90th anniversary with special two-week event at its stores, including Germantown
- Washington County artists encouraged to participate in annual Art Purchase Award Contest
- Chaz Hastings proposes temporary parking lot to help with parking along Main Street in Germantown
- St. Boniface students donate hundreds of bears to Germantown Fire Department
- Germantown Police Reports, April 14, 2016
- Germantown High School presents Tony Award winning Gershwin production April 15 — 17
- H.I.S. Players to present "Heart of the Mesa" starting April 20