Germantown - Two students were arrested after a 15-year-old boy was severely injured during a fight at Germantown High School on Friday.
According to a news release: Germantown police responded to a report of a fight at Germantown High School, W180 N11501 River Lane, at 11:13 a.m. Oct. 5. When officers arrived at the scene, the school resource officer and school administration had already broken up the fight and separated everyone involved.
As a result of a preliminary investigation, a 16-year-old male student was arrested for substantial battery and was transported to the Washington County Juvenile Secure Detention Facility. A 17-year-old boy was also arrested for disorderly conduct for his involvement in the fight. He was booked at the Germantown Police Department and released.
The 15-year-old victim in this incident was transported to Children's Hospital with severe facial injuries. Police later learned that the victim was going to need surgery to repair facial injuries.
Since the incident was quickly contained by the school resource officers and school administrators there was no major disruption to the school day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown to begin working on parks department survey results
- Germantown sets plan in place to name new public works director
- Germantown could consider a referendum based on school facilities survey
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community