Germantown - Two students were arrested after a 15-year-old boy was severely injured during a fight at Germantown High School on Friday.
According to a news release: Germantown police responded to a report of a fight at Germantown High School, W180 N11501 River Lane, at 11:13 a.m. Oct. 5. When officers arrived at the scene, the school resource officer and school administration had already broken up the fight and separated everyone involved.
As a result of a preliminary investigation, a 16-year-old male student was arrested for substantial battery and was transported to the Washington County Juvenile Secure Detention Facility. A 17-year-old boy was also arrested for disorderly conduct for his involvement in the fight. He was booked at the Germantown Police Department and released.
The 15-year-old victim in this incident was transported to Children's Hospital with severe facial injuries. Police later learned that the victim was going to need surgery to repair facial injuries.
Since the incident was quickly contained by the school resource officers and school administrators there was no major disruption to the school day.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 4 Things You Need to know about the changes to your trash pickup in Germantown
- Germantown police ask for help finding driver in fatal hit and run
- Germantown ACT scores second highest in 12 years (1)
- Germantown Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- Germantown native works hard, gains experience at Arlington research station
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Germantown Police Department bids farewell to Lt. Brian Henning
- Germantown school district approves preliminary 2015-16 budget
- Germantown Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- Village board to consider rezoning, conditional-use permit in September