Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School District approves less open enrollment, Chapter 220 seats for 2015-16
- Germantown polling residents on growth and recreation plan
- Plans proceed for Donges Bay reconstruction in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 27, 2015
- Crowds turn out to discuss long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- New & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Germantown businesses receive funding for workforce development
- Germantown Fire Department seeks to enlist additional paid-on-call staff
- Germantown Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015
- Germantown plan commission seeks input on plans for Main Street