Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown panel OKs TIF funding
- Germantown teacher pay plan weeks away
- Germantown schools place safety above all else
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Board takes a new route
- Police Report: April 15
- Longtime trustee resigns from his seat on Village Board
- Germantown School District delays Project Lead the Way contract again
- Germantown Village Board approves cellphone tower for northeast side of Wasaukee Road