Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown School Board reviewing options to address space issues
- Germantown, Washington County lifts burn ban
- Germantown Police Report: March 26, 2015
- Germantown school officials discuss options to alleviate overcrowding at Rockfield
- Germantown manufacturer recognized among best in country
- Germantown school board to get update on facilities plans
- Germantown Police Report: March 19, 2015
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Germantown brings in third party to look at road improvements within TIF No. 6
- Open meeting to be held at Cabela's to discuss improvements to Appleton Avenue in Washington County