Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Olive Garden backs out of Germantown development
- Falls, Germantown host Memorial Day events
- Flipping to the future: Teaching technique gains ground
- Germantown rezones land to attract new business
- News & Notes: May 21
- Village upholds denial of insurance claim for water main break
- Jeff Holmes named new Germantown superintendent
- Police Report: May 20
- Family turns hardship into anti-drug message
- News & Notes: May 14