Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Peeping Tom caught in the act at Germantown bar
- Germantown Police Report: August 21, 2014
- Work on Menomonee River Bridge begins tonight
- Germantown school district working to promote digital citizenship
- Germantown considers options for new early childhood education site
- Germantown School District continues "long haul" development of standards
- Germantown Police Report: August 14, 2014
- Brandtjen tops GOP field in Assembly primary
- TJ Hale moves forward with plans to develop in Germantown
- Germantown police officers administer Narcan