Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taxpayers could see small increase to village taxes
- Germantown moves forward with fire department referendum for 2015
- News & Notes: Nov. 20, 2014
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Brandtjen opts to retain seat on Waukesha County Board
- Beer Garden proposal prompts need for long-term plans for downtown Germantown
- Rep. Knodl becomes assistant majority leader
- Germantown Police Report: Nov. 6, 2014