Police were called after an altercation between brothers in Germantown resulted in a broken urn and a family member's ashes being scattered on the sidewalk.
According to the police report:
A resident called police after his two siblings got into a heated argument Sunday morning around 9:20.
The altercation led to a brother throwing and breaking the urn containing their mother's ashes on the sidewalk outside their residence in the W211 N11600 block of Hilltop Circle.
The caller told police he and his brother were able to get most of their mother's ashes off the sidewalk and into a plastic bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Germantown Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Momentum Early Learning to open by year-end in Germantown
- Three seats on Germantown School Board up for election in April
- Germantown High School students earn $100,000 grant for teen driving safety efforts
- Taxpayers in Germantown to see taxes creep up for '16
- Germantown officials approve zoning code changes prompted by controversial development proposal
- Longtime Germantown police officer, Korean War vet participates in Stars and Stripes Honor Flight
- Germantown Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Tender Reflections breaks ground on assisted living community in Germantown