An 18-year-old Milwaukee woman who stole baby formula from a Menomonee Falls store on multiple occasions was apprehended after an observant store employee spotted the suspect while he was compiling a theft report.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
A woman entered Target, N95 W17707 Shady Lane, at two different times on Aug. 23, concealed about 35 cans of baby formula valued at $735, and left the store without paying.
At about 3 p.m. the next day, Aug. 24, a Target loss prevention officer was preparing his security reports and surveillance video in anticipation of reporting the crime when the same woman entered the store and attempted to steal more baby formula. The woman fled the store and the police were notified.
Menomonee Falls police located the vehicle at 3:10 p.m. and apprehended the suspect and the driver of the getaway car, a 27-year-old Milwaukee man. They were taken to the store and were positively identified by the store employee and video surveillance.
The woman was also responsible for the same crime at Target four days earlier on Aug. 19, when she was seen taking 11 cans of baby formula at 2:09 p.m., re-entering the store at 2:29 p.m. and taking another 10 cans of formula before fleeing in a black car. The total theft on Aug. 19 was $443.
The woman was arrested and charged with two state counts of retail theft. The driver of the getaway car was also arrested and charged with one count of retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mud run to raise funds for teacher grants in Germantown
- Germantown Police Report: May 21, 2015
- Germantown school board moves forward on Rockfield expansion (1)
- Germantown Police Report: May 14, 2015
- Germantown High School ranks fifth in state by U.S. News and World Report
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Road construction season has started in Germantown
- Mai Fest hits Germantown, May 15-17
- 225 So Mia Famiglia brings old favorites to new location in downtown Waukesha