cur-mud-geon: anyone who hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so; anyone with the habit of pointing out unpleasant facts in an engaging and humorous manner
Likely to ultimately go under the general category of "unintended consequences" is the about-to-be-signed bill that will limit the credit card companies in what they can do and how they can do it.
Governor Doyle has been quoted as saying that he may have to raise taxes in order to continue to fund education in Wisconsin.
There is a great debate taking place about your health care. It is taking place in the hallowed halls of Congress and in the various meeting rooms in the White House. It is of potentially critical importance to you and you are not being very well informed about what could happen to your health care, and to your health and well being.
- The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.
- Money will buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
- Seat belts are not as confining as wheel chairs.
- How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
- Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?
- Scratch a cat and you'll have a permanent job.
- No one ever says, It's only a game", when they're winning.
- The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket.
- Have you ever thought about the fact that, in forty years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos? And rap music will be the Golden Oldies?
- Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind; and, the ones that mind don't matter.