cur-mud-geon: anyone who hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so; anyone with the habit of pointing out unpleasant facts in an engaging and humorous manner
Another email 'thing' that might bring a smile:
The Advantages of Being Over 60...
1. Kidnappers aren't very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation, you're likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run...anywhere.
4. People call at 9 and ask, "Did I wake you?"
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is virtually nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now probably won't wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4PM.
9. You can live without s_x but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into a room.
13. You can sing along with the elevator music.
14. Your eyes won't get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally starting to pay off.
16. Your joints are a more accurate weather predictor than the meteorologist.
17. Your secrets are safe with friends; they can't remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
19. You probably won't remember where you read this.