St. Mary Parish School opened its doors in 1916 and has been providing a great education for its students ever since. The parents of St. Mary's will be contributing to this blog which will update the community on Great Kids; Great Families. Visit our web site at www.faithwebsites.com/stmaryschool.
Principal Linda Joyner was recently notified that St. Mary Parish School has been awarded Exemplary Status in the area of Catholic Identity for the second consecutive accreditation cycle. In October, 2011, St. Mary went through the Accreditation process and was fully accredited by the Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association and the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Wasting little time, the school’s leadership team prepared and submitted an application to the Exemplary Recognition program in the area of Catholic Identity. The Exemplary Recognition program honors schools that have demonstrated innovation and outstanding results in one of six key areas.
Principal Joyner received the notification letter from Dr. Kathleen Cepelka, Superintendent of Catholic Schools in which Dr. Cepelka stated, “The visiting team recognized the well-developed program in this area that has become part of the life of the school and a key support for student learning. Thank you for your commitment to providing the highest quality Catholic education to your community in the area of Catholic Identity, and warmest congratulations!”
· Intentional planning to integrate Catholic teachings across the entire curriculum was evident;
· The $50 Challenge, along with other meaningful service projects at all grade levels empower students to be of service to their parish and larger community;
· Morning meetings are a powerful approach to meaningful prayer, reflection, and dialogue among students at all grade levels;
· There is a clear commitment to continue to engage and seek active involvement of young people who have graduated from St. Mary’s Parish School;
· The staff is clearly united and focused on developing their own faith as well as their students;
· A culture based on Gospel values and core Catholic beliefs was evident and articulated by students, faculty, staff and parents.
St. Mary will be honored at the 2012 Archdiocesan Educators’ Convention on Friday, October 12, 2012, at the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee. This award is valid for a period of five years.