Sue Werner is the founder and director of Hearts in Unity, a local non-profit organization dedicated to a mission to feed, clothe and educate the orphan and at-risk children of Tanzania. Join us as we explore a world on the other side of the world and life in the small, remote villages of Tanzania, Africa. Karibu! Welcome!
One World – Many Stories: Life in Tanzania, Africa
Join us for an evening like no other!
Germantown Community Library
Wednesday, October 8, 2011
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Everyone is welcome!
Plus special activities for elementary school students!
- Featuring a slide show of amazing photos from Tanzania, plus first-hand stories of daily life in this 3rd world country.
- Kids! Work on a craft project! Make a Swahili/English phrasebook to give as a gift to a student in Tanzania.
- Write a postcard with a message of greeting and encouragement to be delivered to a Tanzanian child.
- Try on “kanga cloth” – traditional clothing from Tanzania.
- Visit our “show and tell” area with items from Tanzania.
- Check out a selection of library books about Africa.
- Shop a variety of unique handicrafts from Tanzania and other countries around the world!
Brought to you by:
Hearts in Unity www.heartsinunity.org
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org